Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

All Wrong

Today I went to the Dr's for a fill. Going into it I wasn't sure I needed a fill because my food has been getting stuck often. When they weighed me I started crying. I haven't lost any weight since I was there in the end of Nov. So when the Dr came in and asked me how I was doing, I told him. I asked him if he was sure I should be eating 600 cal/day. Everyone keeps saying how crazy 600 cal/day is. He chuckled, and said "Yes, I'm sure you should be at 600/day. 800 maybe if you're active". He asked me what I've been eating and I said "Well.. usually 2-3oz of meat, veggies, a starch..." He stopped me. "You need to be eating 2oz period" he reminded me. "About the size of a chicken nugget, maybe two and that's everything. Start with your protein every time you eat". Geez... I kind of thought that was only for the first few weeks post op, but it's for the first year! He also told me to stop drinking my protein shakes for breakfast and lunch because they weren't going to keep me full. Even though they are 30g of protein, they trickle through my small pouch and into my stomach so I won't feel full. My new small pouch is what controls my hunger. So if I'm putting liquid through it I won't stay hungry. Instead he said to eat my 2oz MEAL for breakfast, and have a shake late am for some added protein, then have my 2oz lunch and so on.

I feel much better after talking to him because I now know what I've been doing wrong.. eating WAY too much. He said I need to cut my 2oz meal into tiny bites, chew each bite 20 times and it should take me one minute to eat each bite. I need to be aware of what I'm doing while I'm eating so that it's not mindless, and I'm not just shoving food in my face. If I'm hungry after finishing that then I can have a little more, and it means I'm in need of a fill. If I'm not hungry and remain full for hours then I'm in "the green zone", and if my food is getting backed up then I have too much fluid in my band.


He put another cc in today so I'm at 4.5cc's. He wanted to put more but didn't dare because I live 1.5hrs away. He reassured me that there is nothing to be worried about. He said if I were a year post op and not seeing results to be worried, but just after the holidays and no weight gain is OK.

So here is my meal that I attempted tonight.. 3 shrimp with skinny bang bang sauce on it.

I was able to eat almost 1. That's it.


No comments:

Post a Comment